On Kansai Gaidai's part:
- Applications for the Speaking Partner Program and Home Visit Program (deadline was July 20...I think I managed to e-mail it in while it was still that day in Japan 8D)
- Housing notified me that I'ma be inhabiting a room in SEMINAR HOUSE 4 this coming semester~~ (actually, SH2 was my first choice, but SH4 has a really nice kitchen..so...s'all good ♥)
- An e-mail containing a question concerning my financial situation was answered (ah, now I have to answer them back..)
- Fall 2010 course descriptions came out (fairly early in the month)
- They sent me my CoE :D
- I applied for my student visa (does not cost $$ for US citizens, yay!)....and just picked it up today! (I also picked up two gigantic gourmet sandwich cookies, a gruyere-and-onion brioche, and a wig....welllll, if I'm going all the way to SF, I may as well go all out, hahahahahahaaa..)
*relevant note: If there are no problems with your application, a student visa from the San Francisco branch of the Japanese Consulate will be ready in about a week*
- I finally started assembling some of the stuff I'll be packing
- (actually my parents' part) bought a biiiig, but fairly light suitcase~
- I realized that I haven't studied much....any...Japanese yet....and summer is almost over
- Wire tuition and housing fees over to KG so I don't have to carry several thousand (US) dollars worth of traveler's checks with me (so in yen...several hundreds of thousands?)
- Hang out with all my dear friends ♥
- E-mail people. Many people. I am a bad person.
- Plan out where I want to go in Japan.
28 days to go.............